If you are searching for a dish that can satisfy your healthy and meaty craving, then this is your best choice. Why not try this adobong sitaw with lechon carajay recipe. this dish offers the crunchy, sweet taste of fresh string beans that at the same time features the meaty and flavorful lechon. What a mouthwatering combination! This is made tastier by the ingredients like pork belly, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper for garnish. Surely you will end up not getting enough of its taste. Perfect to serve with rice as viand. Now you can easily follow this recipe here and indulge to this savory dish which is perfect for lunch or dinner with newly cooked rice. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 500 grams pork belly
- 4 tbsps rock salt
- 1 pc red onion, quartered
- 1 pc carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Water as needed
- 1.5 liter cooking oil for deep frying
For Adobong Sitaw:
- 250 grams of ground lean pork
- 2 bunches of sitaw (string beans), cut into two-inch slices
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 3 tbsps of soy sauce
- 2 tbsps of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Boil the pork belly in water with mirepoix mixture (onion, carrots, and celery) until very tender.
- Prick the pork with fork, then rub with rock salt.
- Place pork belly on wok and pour oil to the level of the pork belly. Cover wok and cook.
- Turn once slowly. Then sprinkle with water to become crunchy and crispy.
- Pour oil, garlic, onion, ground pork, ground pepper and bay leaf in a shallow cooking pan. Add the vinegar and cook over medium-high heat until the vinegar starts to boil.
- Pour the soy sauce and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sitaw (string beans), stir, cover and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the sitaw (string beans) is tender.
- When both the pork and the sitaw are tender, transfer them to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve with lechon carajay.