Are you looking for a pasta dish but tired of the same old spaghetti or carbonara recipe? Then why not try this aglio olio pasta recipe. This is refreshingly new so you can get out from being stuck at your old recipes. This dish is made from lots of cheese, specifically parmesan cheese and also parsley, garlic, red peppers, and seasoned with salt. This pasta is perfect for snack time where you can also share with friends and family. Now you don’t have to worry about what to cook, add this to your next to prepare recipe and you are saved by the bell. Filipinos are fun of pasta the fact that we have many varieties of cooking it. Sometimes it depends on the area and what are the common ingredients found there. Thus, here is another one for you. Great especially for those who really love cheese, now you can indulge yourself to this satisfying dish. Add this to your file of next to cook recipe. Enjoy and happy cooking!
- 250 grams spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Salt for pasta water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add two tablespoons of salt, cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside 1 ½ cups of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
- On a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes, stir until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cooked pasta to the oil mixture and add one teaspoon of salt.
- If the mixture is a bit dry, add the pasta water.
- To plate, add the parsley and Parmesan then toss.
- Season according to taste.
- Serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.