On every meals, most awaited time is the ending part on which the desserts are served. Who would not with those sweet treats that is really savory? On the Filipino cuisine, leche flan is mostly prepared and cooked when it comes to desserts. Even on occasions like for instance Fiestas’ this leche flan is always present on the table. Well, now you do not have to wait for this occasion just to have this dessert, by simply following this recipe we have for you, you can do it yourself. Try this banana leche flan recipe is easy to follow yet surely delicious. Since banana is one of the common local product of our farmers, we use it to give the leche flan recipe an extra flavor. By using ingredients like evaporated and condensed milk, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, banana and sugar, this leche flan is made even tastier. Have this dish that is perfect to every meal, a sweet and creamy way to end your dine.
- 1 big can (15oz) evaporated milk
- 1 big can(14oz) condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 aluminum molds (llanera) for leche flan
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 riped banana, mashed
For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix thoroughly sugar & water and pour into the molds equally. Heat molds with sugar and water mixture on low fire until the sugar is caramelized. Set aside and let cool. Note: The caramelized mixture should solidify once totally cooled.
- In a bowl, mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, mashed banana, a dash of cinnamon and pinch of salt manually or by blender.
- Pour gently the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds to about 1 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover molds individually with aluminum foil. Steam for about 30 minutes OR bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- To tell whether the leche flan is already cooked, insert a knife on the mixture and if it comes out clean then the flan is already cooked.
- Let cool and keep refrigerated.
- How to serve: Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.