If you are fan of attending this one of the Filipino occasions called ‘Fiests’, then you should not missed afritada. This dish is commonly served on the table on celebrations like this, however, other gatherings like birthdays, weddings and even those simple friends and family bondings are enjoyed with afritada on the table. To give you a delicious try of this dish, here is beef afritada recipe. The beef is already a given savory with its tender silky and tasty meat, but it is made more flavorful by the ingredients such as potatos, garlic, onion, bell pepper, bread crumps, and tomato sauce, then seasoned by salt and pepper. You can make it a more healthy dish by adding more vegetables that required on this recipe. Try this at home and have this saucy and total savory dish that is perfect to serve with newly cooked rice. Add this to your file of recipes to cook during occasions. There are varieties of afrida differs from the ingredients used, like for instance mostly of the dish is made from pork. Here we choose to use beef for more tasty outcome. Happy cooking, and eating!
- 1kg Beef, Cut into chunk cubes
- ½ kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small head of garlic, minced’
- 1 Big onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper and green bell pepper quartered
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Brown beef and set aside then sauté garlic and onion
- Pour in stock and tomato sauce then bring to a boil and add in beef
- Simmer beef until cooked and tender
- Add in potatoes and bell pepper then season with salt and pepper.
- Add in breadcrumbs and thicken sauces.