Steak is a meat generally sliced perpendicular to the muscle fibers. This meat is usually grilled, but it can be pan-fried, or broiled. In this recipe, steak is seasoned with pepper and added with onion and mushroom.
Beef pepper steak is a simple stir-fried beef recipe. Instead of the usual steak that should be marinated, this recipe will only require stirring and mixing-of course, the right amount of seasonings. Steaks should be sliced thinly for easy cooking and so that they will easily absorb the flavors thrown into it. You might also want to tenderize the meat before using it.
This recipe is great for lunch and even dinners. It is simple, but will surely satisfy your cravings. Want a try? Follow the instructions below.
- 1 ½ inch thick beef steak
- 2 – 3 bell peppers
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ½ hot pepper
- 2 -3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic
- ½ lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp red wine
- 1 bouillon cube
- Salt or soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice uncooked steak into thin slice across the grain then prepare vegetables: core and slice peppers, peel onions and thinly slice, peel garlic, then clean mushroom and slice.
- Melt butter in oil then add onions and sauté over medium high heat.
- Add whole garlic cloves and sliced peppers then mash into oil.
- Brown steak and add mushrooms then add whine, flour, and bouillon.
- Season to taste with salt or soy sauce, pepper and hot pepper, to taste.