Are you watching your diet and you are looking for a white meat like chicken recipe which is also healthy? Then why not try this chicken adobo sa dilaw recipe. Yes, you read it right, we have here adobo sa dilaw. The color is from using turmeric which is a variety of ginger and also a spices. This ingredient is widely used for different dishes especially in making curry. Turmeric is not only tasteful and full of aroma, but also healthy. It has many nutrients and used to cure many diseases. What a delicious and hale and hearty combination of chicken and turmeric! This dish is made even delicious using ingredients like, onion, garlic, peppercorn, vinegar, and salt to taste. Out of your usual adobo that uses soy sauce, now you can have a new version of it. so add this to your file of recipes next to cook to your simple meals, also great to serve during gatherings with family or friends. Happy cooking!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. dilaw (turmeric), cut into sliced
- 500 g chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 to 1½ tsp. peppercorn
- salt to taste
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, saute onion, garlic and dilaw in cooking oil.
- Put in chicken, peppercorn, salt, vinegar and water.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with toasted garlic and spring onion and serve with rice.