If you are fan of attending this one of the Filipino occasions called ‘Fiestas’, then you should not missed caldereta. This dish is commonly served on the table on celebrations like this, however, other gatherings like birthdays, weddings and even those simple friends and family bonding’s are enjoyed with caldereta on the table. To give you a delicious try of this dish, here is chicken caldereta recipe. There are many varieties of caldereta recipe depending on the main ingredient used, however, here we choose chicken that is very savory. Even though, you may use this recipe on different type of meat you have in hand. The chicken here is made more tastier and flavorful using ingredients like liver spread, lechon sauce, tomato sauce, sweet whole pickles and its sauce, bell peppers, onions, sausage, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and seasoned by salt and pepper. Try this at home and have this saucy and total savory dish that is perfect to serve with newly cooked rice. Add this to your file of recipes to cook during occasions.
- 1 chicken (1 kilo)
- 1 can liver spread or
- 1 cup lechon sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 3-4 pcs. sweet whole pickles (sliced slanting by, 1/4′ thick)
- 1/4 cup pickle sauce
- 2 bell pepper (red & green, strips)
- 3 onions (quartered)
- 4 Frankfurters or sausage (sliced slantingly, 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Clean chicken, cut into small serving pieces. marinate in vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let stand for 1-2 hours. Drain. Fry until a little brown.
- Put back fried chicken into vinegar mixture, add tomato sauce, pickles, pickle liquid, onions. Cover.
- When it starts boiling, lower heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients, Thicken sauce with liver spread or prepared lechon sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- If you want a more spicy caldereta, add minced siling labuyo and more powdered pepper.