Are you a fan of burgers? However, tired of the same old taste you usually have for snack? Well, now you do not have to go to your favorite fast foods and order the same burger. Here is chicken teriyaki burgers with caramelized onions and grilled pineapple that will surely satisfy not only your taste buds but also your stomach. This mouthwatering burger is made healthier using fresh pineapple. This also adds sour taste contradicting the rich meaty flavor of the burger. It is seasoned by onions, red chili flakes, ginger, garlic, olive oil, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and green onions that makes it a total savory. Add this to your file of snack to prepare during garden picnics or those grilled party. Surely your friends and family will love its rich taste. So, enjoy your favorite burger on more healthier and delicious way. Make every snack delightful and out of the usual by trying to cook this recipe. It is easy to follow, and guaranteed that the long list of ingredients are really worth it. Feel like a pro chef with this dish, plus you don’t have to drive thru those fast foods that offers preservative-added-food. Enjoy cooking!
- 3 large onions, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 4 burger buns
- Begin caramelizing the onions: in a skillet over low heat, saute onions in oil until softened and dark brown in colour, 1-2 hours. The longer the better!
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, teriyaki sauce, panko crumbs, egg, cilantro, red chili flakes, garlic, green onions, ginger and Worcestershire sauce. Using your hands, form into 4 patties, place on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour*.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill burgers about 5 minutes per side until cooked all the way through. Place cheese on top of patties and cook for a minute longer until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, grill pineapple slices, about 3 minutes per side, until charred.
- Serve patties on burger buns, topped with a slice of pineapple and a scoop of caramelized onions.
- Refrigerating the burger patties for an hour is optional, but it is strongly recommended. It firms up the patties so that they’re easier to grill and don’t stick to the grill quite as much. Plus, letting them sit for a while lets all the wonderful flavours combine!