Do you love sea foods? Those red colored shrimp, fresh silky fish, soft and chewy shell fish, and of course, those tasty crabs you wouldn’t help but get another one? If yes, then you could satisfy your crave for it by trying this dish. This crispy crab Rangoon recipe is perfect for snack, or even with cooked rice to eat with. Its crunchy wanton wrap makes it delightful with savory soft and chewy filling in the inside. Using crab meat, light cream cheese, green onions, garlic, and seasoned with Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, this dish will surely went you have not just one. Also, this dish would not require much skills in cooking, simply by wrapping and deep frying or even baking, and you can make this dish your own. Enjoy this crab recipe on your summer snack on the garden, or on your picnics and outings. You may also make some more and stock on your fridge, having it ready for easy frying. Plus, you can enhance its flavor by preparing a delicious sauce for dipping. You can do it your way, use your favorite dip depending on your preference. Just make sure its taste gets along with the dish.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. fancy crab meat, drained and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) package Wonton wrappers – Found in the produce section with the refrigerated items
- Place wonton wrappers aside and combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each wonton skin.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton with a little bit of water. Fold in a triangle and press to seal- removing air from the inside.
- Take the left and right unsealed sides and pull them up, attaching them to the existing seal on the top. Then press along the edges to close any areas where the filling could be exposed to air (You can really fold a number of different ways as long as the seals are firm) Repeat, setting aside on a plate.
- Place carefully into preheated deep fryer, cooking a few at a time for a few minutes each, until golden brown. Take out and place on side plate to cool. (Although I personally much prefer the deep fried method, you may also bake in oven 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown)
- Serve hot with sweet-sour sauce or mustard sauce.