If you are fan of attending this one of the Filipino occasions called ‘Fiestas’, then you should not missed the star of every handaan that is lechon. This dish is commonly served on the table on celebrations like this, however, other gatherings like birthdays, weddings and even those simple friends and family bonding’s are enjoyed with lechon on the table. To give you a delicious try of this dish, here is easy lechon macau recipe. Here, you don’t have to prepare the whole pig to have lechon, we made it easier and more convenient for you. Using only 1 kilo of pork belly and other flavoring and seasoning such as star anise, garlic, bay leaf, Chinese five spice powder, salt and pepper, you can cook lechon on your home. indulge yourself to its super crunchy pork skin, and tender silky meat that is made even more savoring using the mentioned spices. Surely, this irresistible dish won’t help you but grab another piece of it. perfect to serve with newly cooked rise as a side dish to lunches and dinners. Also a great choice of recipe to cook during those gatherings, occasions or celebrations with love ones, family or friends. Try cooking it now using this very easy to follow instructions. Make your dining extra especial perhaps feels like fiesta with this lechon macau on your table. Happy eating!
- 1 kilo pork belly rasher
- 2-3 pcs. star anise
- ½ head garlic, crushed
- 2-3 pcs.bay leaf
- Chinese five spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot place the pork and add water to cover the meat up to about 1”.
- Add the star anise, garlic, bay leaf and about 1 tbsp. of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until just tender. Remove from pot drain and let cool down.
- Using a fork prick the pork skin all the way down to the meat layer. The skin should be pricked as close as possible.
- Rub the skin with salt, then the meat and sides rub with mixture off Chinese five spice powder and pepper powder.
- Arrange the pork in a baking tray or aluminium tray, skin side up and enough space between the pork rashers.
- Let marinate with the salt and Chinese five spice rub for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 250°C when the oven is hot place the baking tray at the center.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes. Check periodically if is the skin changes color suddenly, reduce the oven temperature to 200°C. Let it roast till the pork skin is blistered and turned to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest the meat for at least 8 to 10 minutes. When ready to serve chop in into serving pieces with your favourite dipping sauce.