Looking for something to bake for those snack times? If you prefer those sweet and creamy pastries, then you should not miss to try this easy macaroons recipe we have for you. Originally, a macaroon is a sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring. But we have a Filipino version that uses one of our local products which is coconut. This ingredient makes the dish more creamy and delicious making it one of the favorites of Pinoy. Other ingredients used in here are white bread crumbs, condensed milk, shredded coconut, almond extract, calamansi or lemon, and margarine for greasing. This comforting food is also great to those home alone time, while watching television or movie. Perhaps you can share this dish to your love ones during those gatherings, celebrations or occasions with friends and family. Bring sweetness to you dining using this macaroons. So try this recipe now, or add to your file of snack next to prepare during your meals. Happy cooking!
- 1 ½ cup white bread crumbs
- 2 cup condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. grated calamansi or lemon rind
- Margarine for greasing.
- Combine milk, coconut and bread crumbs in a bowl,
- Add almond extract. Mix well to form a dough.
- Grease a baking sheet with margarine. dough and drop on baking sheet.
- Bake at 370*F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.