One of the favorite finger food of Filipinos is the onion rings. Mostly enjoyed while watching television, movies or simply on snack times at home. who could resist this crunchy and flavorful dish? Gladly, we have here the very easy to follow onion rings recipe for you to try. Now you don’t have to buy this on restaurants or fast foods, you can simply do it yourself while at the same time enjoying being at home. Aside from the onions, this recipe is made flavorful using other ingredients such as all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, black pepper and cooking oil. Surely this finger licking good dish will make your day delightful. No worries for those who are no really so good in the kitchen, feel like a pro with this easy preparation. This recipe requires only mixing and frying so you can prepare it. A healthy and delicious recipe you could try in your home. So add this now to your file of dishes next to try and prepare. You could also share this to your family and friends during those gatherings, picnics, and simple bonding that is enjoyed with food. Have a delicious snack time and happy cooking!
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Break up the onion slices into rings. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, in a small bowl and mix well.
- Dredge the onions on the flour mixture and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the batter by adding the egg and milk on the flour mixture and whisk.
- Dip the onions on the batter and allow the extra batter to drip.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a plastic bag or container and put-in the onions rings.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot, deep-fry the onion until the color turns golden brown (usually 2 minutes or so).
- Remove the onion rings from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towels, to absorb the excess oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Share and enjoy!