Looking for something pastry to bake? Well, your search is over with this easy Spanish bread recipe we have for you. This Spanish bread is one of the favorite bread and best seller on bakeries. But now you don’t have to run to the nearest or to your favorite bakery just to grab yourself this savoring bread. You can make this your own in your home kitchen. Using ingredients like bread flour, sugar, salt, yeast, egg yolks, fresh milk, and melted butter. Enjoy this Spanish bread that is perfect to serve during breakfast and even those snacks. Great to serve with your favorite hot drink like coffee or tea. Make your morning more delightful by baking this pastry. Likewise, great to share with your love ones, family or friends. Perfect for snack time to serve during gatherings like family and friends bonding, or even to those simple meals. Perhaps cooking this recipe will make your dining extra special. Indulge yourself to its soft, creamy, and savory taste. Have a great day ahead with this Spanish bread. Happy baking!
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pouch rapid rise yeast
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- extra flour for kneading
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/3 bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (110-115 degrees F). Stir to dissolve and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and salt.
- Blend well then add the yeast mixture.
- Add flour to make a moderate stiff dough. **Note: Check the consistency of the dough before putting all the remaining flour. (use of flour depends on the type of flour, milk and the size of the eggs). Dough should be moderate to stiff and elastic.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth & elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for at least an hour.
- After rising, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Use a dough slicer to divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part until it forms into a log. Cut each log into equal pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it stretches into a triangular shape.
- Spread some fillings then roll up.
- Cover the dough with bread crumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet or tray with the end at the bottom.
- Cover the tray with a damp cloth and let it rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.