A lot of us are aware of the delicious white sauce that Carbonara offers. Why not try something new and add Tuna instead of chicken? Not only is it healthier and less calories, Tuna gives you a whole new perspective on Carbonara itself. Having the usual ingredients such as cream and evaporated milk are already expensive itself. You’ll be able to save more by using canned tuna.
Also by adding mushroom and cheese, you’ll have the savory finish of your carbonara. Not a lot are fan of fish, but we assure you that you’ll be craving for more tuna after trying out this recipe.
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cans (155 grams each) Tuna Chunks in Oil (drained, reserve oil)
- ⅓ tbsp Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ⅔ cup Canned sliced Mushroom
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Rind (optional)
- 1 pack (400 grams) Del Monte Spaghetti
- 2 pouches (200 grams each) Del Monte Carbonara Sauce
- Sauté mushrooms in butter or margarine for 3 minutes, (if using tuna with oil, include oil in sautéing). Add tuna and lemon juice, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and pasta broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and lemon rind. Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with extra cheese if desired .