Other than the delicious cakes that Goldilocks offer, they also have a Filipino favorite especially with chickitings (little kids): their mamon! Goldilocks’ Mamon is made special with its soft texture and creamy cheese on top.
So if you’re a first time baker, why not try out something familiar and tasty to your taste buds? Despite it being franchised by a big time bakery, we present you an easy recipe to do. Check it out here.
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted, plus more for brushing molds and cakes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on cakes
- 6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously brush paper molds with butter and set aside. I make mamon in paper molds but metal ones and ramekins can be used instead.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and 1/3 cup sugar together into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, water, and butter in the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until well blended. With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing for three minutes or until well blended. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat at high speed until egg whites double in volume. With the mixer running, slowly and steadily add 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until medium peaks form. Medium peaks hold their shape fairly well but the tip of the peak curls back onto itself when the whisk is lifted.
- Gently and swiftly fold in the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Divide the batter evenly among the molds. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the molds on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- Remove from the molds and allow cakes to cool completely on the rack. Brush cakes with butter and sprinkle with sugar and grated cheese.