- 1 kilo pork’s leg (pata)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup oyster sauce
- 5 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 1 red onion; chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pcs star anis
Pata Tim Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup broth of pata
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot with enough water, simmer the pork pata with all the ingredients until fork tender.
- Add hot water if necessary to replace the evaporated liquid. Drain and cut the meat from one side and separate the bones.
- Save 1 cup of broth.
- Place pechay in a platter. Put the pata over the pechay. Set aside.
- For a super tender meat use charcoal when cooking, slow cooking is the key. Patience is a virtue indeed.
Pata Tim Sauce Cooking Procedures:
- In a skillet, combine broth, cornstarch, and salt to taste. Bring to boil until sauce becomes thick.
- Pour the sauce on top of the pata.