Every Filipino loves Jollibee. And one of the dishes that really stole the Filipinos’ hearts is their Spaghetti. Jolly Spaghetti is not your usual Western style spaghetti that has a hint of tanginess but this has that sweet and salty taste to it that Filipinos grew up with.
Here we give you the recipe for a Home-made Jolly Spaghetti, breaking that constant craving and laziness to go to the nearest Jollibee joint. This recipe calls for the cheapest and regular ingredients for Spaghetti, so no need to worry about spending too much just to reminisce the past of perfecting an exam for Jolly Spaghetti. Try this recipe now!
- 2 lbs. Spaghetti pasta
- 3 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 lb. minced ham
- 1½ lbs. ground pork
- 6 to 8 pieces red hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the ham. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the ground pork. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add the hotdogs and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Put-in the sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Arrange the spaghetti pasta in an individual plate. Pour the meat sauce over the pasta and top with cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!