Who in here do not enjoy ketchup? Starting from dipping those crunchy French fries and anything savory with it, up to using it as condiment, ketchup is really widely used in cooking and eating foods. Like for instance in the dish we have here called ketchup shrimp recipe, on which the shrimp is made even more tastier using ketchup. It is also flavored using ingredients like scallions, ShaoHsing wine, soy sauce, chicken broth and sugar and salt. Perfect to serve with hot cooked rice as side dish on those lunch and dinner time. Also great for sharing by serving to those gatherings or even family and friends get together. This dish is surely be enjoyed by those who love sea foods especially shrimps. So cook this dish now using this easy to follow recipe we have for you. Get yourself a taste of it and add this to your file of recipes next cook. Enjoy this finger licking good and delicious ketchup shrimp recipe.
- 400g shrimp (around 25g middle size shrimp)
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 2 scallions, white part and green part separated
- 1 tablespoon ShaoHsing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup warm chicken broth or warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Use a toothpick to pick the devein part out. Then remove the dark part in the heads too. Wash carefully and then drain completely. Use kitchen paper if necessary.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until really hot; add shrimp in to fry 15 seconds. They should turn red quickly. Transfer shrimp out and pour off extra oil.
- Leave in 1 tablespoon of oil, fry garlic, ginger and scallion over slow fire until aroma. Add ketchup and broth. Mix well.
- Return shrimp, add sugar, light soy sauce and ShaoHsing wine. Continue cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is well thickened and stick to the shrimp. Add salt to taste and scallion sections.