- 1 pc Napa cabbage
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 200 g daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- 4 stalks spring onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup Korean red pepper powder
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 thumb sized fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Chop cabbage into 2 inch piece sections then place in a very large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and toss until salt is distributed evenly.
- Pour enough water to cover everything then cover with cling wrap then set it aside in room temperature for 24 hours.
- Drain cabbage then rinse it with cold water, gently squeeze the cabbage to remove excess liquid. Set aside then place in a separate bowl.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in large bowl and stir well to combine then add the cabbage and mix using your hands. Make sure cabbage is well coated with the mixture.
- Place in a large jar enough to hold everything then tightly then cover it. Set it aside in a cool dark place for 24 hours.
- Open jar to let the gasses out then seal it again then refrigerate for at least 1 week.
Source : Ang Sarap