Chicken is one of the all-timed favorite dish especially on the Filipino cuisine. That is why it is not a question why there are many recipes including it, different ways to cook chicken, depending on the area and common ingredients found. If you are also searching for one of it, then why not try this lemon chicken recipe. This dish is made sour to contradict the super meaty taste. The chicken here is made tastier by the ingredients such as dry sherry, onions, ginger, celery sticks, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce, lemons, and seasoned with salt and pepper. This recipe will get you out of the usual same old chicken recipe you used to prepare, we have here refreshingly new away from those plain fried. Now you can easily follow this recipe here and indulge to this savory dish which is perfect for lunch or dinner with newly cooked rice. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 4 green ( spring ) onions, chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500 g boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 125 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tbsp oil for stir – frying
- Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Heat the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. Stir – fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
- Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon