Looking some pastry to pair with your favorite soup or noodles recipe? If you are searching for something not having so strong taste so in can complement the tasty dish you already have, then why not try this mantou recipe. This easy to prepare with just few ingredients such as all-purpose flour, salt, yeast, and just cold water. No need to worry especially if you don’t do really good in the kitchen, this recipe is so easy to do and cook. Using simple cooking technique like mixing and steaming you can now have this thick and soft dish. Perfect to pair for other dishes because of its plain savor, it will not overpower the flavor of it but it will break the usual taste. Great for snacks to share with friends and family. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 2 cups and 5 tbsp. cold water
- Mix the flour and salt into a large pot.
- Mix cold water with yeast. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the water with yeast into the flour mixture. Stir for about a minute.
- Use your hands and knead it until it becomes a solid block.
- Add little flour if the dough is wet, and water if too dry.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover, let it rest for 2 hours until risen.
- When the dough has risen twice its size, start kneading into thick long sizes and use a knife to cut into serving pieces.
- Leave the mantou on a wooden board for 15 minutes for it to rise some more.
- Place damp gauze on the bottom of the steamer.
- Put buns on the steamer and let them steam on high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit for 3-5 minutes more before removing the lid.