The Filipino cuisine includes not only dishes for lunch and dinners but also for snacks. This native dishes is called kakanin in tagalog and commonly used coconut in cooking. If you are looking for one of these which you can just bake in your home, we have here mini cassava cake recipe. This dish’s main ingredient is cassava or kamoteng kahoy, a vegetable which is widely produced by the local farmers and is use in many dishes. Perfect for snack time which you can prepare during friends get together, or even for those family bonding and celebrations. The cassava is made flavorful by eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, coconut milk, jackfruit and butter. Surely, you will love this creamy, soft, sweet and savory cassava cake. Try this recipe and enjoy it yourself, perfect to serve hot or even cold with juices or coffee.
- 1 pack grated cassava
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- jackfruit, cut in tiny pieces
- butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs.
- Add the grated cassava.
- Add the condensed milk, evaporated milk and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Then add the jackfruit.
- Spray the mini muffin pan with butter spray.
- Bake the mini cassava for 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to make sure the cassava is cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with tea or coffee.