Are you fan of eating dishes made from fish? If yes, surely that salmon in not an exception. Well, who would not with its silky, meaty texture that is flavorful the time you put it in mouth. Fortunately, you can satisfy that kind of craving once you try this miso salmon recipe we have here for you. The salmon here was made even tastier by the ingredients like Dijon mustard, Mirin, seaweed, onion, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and green onions, then seasoned with salt and pepper. Now you can easily follow this recipe here and indulge to this savory dish which is perfect for lunch or dinner with newly cooked rice. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 1lb salmon, cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 2 tsp light miso
- 1 tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice cooking wine found in Asian
- Section of market)
- 4 dried medium size pieces of seaweed, rinsed and soaked in ½ cup hot water for 10 minutes (save water)
- 1 medium onion, cut in hair and sliced
- 3 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce salt and while pepper to taste
- Garnish with minced green onion.
- Preheat broiler with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place a stainless steel or cash iron skillet big enough to hold salmon under heat to get very hot (about 10 minutes).
- Rinse and soak seaweed, saving the water.
- Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare glaze by mixing miso, Dijon mustard, and
- Mirin along with a pinch of while pepper. Generously
- Coat salmon with mixture and let set while preparing
- Rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp seaweed water in a stainless steel skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan that was heating from broiler and
- Place salmon in it. Return to broiler and cook without
- Turning for about 3-5 minutes depending on thickness of
- Salmon, Top with saluted onion/mushroom mixture and Minced scallion.