Excited for the upcoming summer season? Well, aside from preparing your bikinis and picnic thingy you should also get ready those foods to cool down the hot temperature. One good way to do that is by trying this munggo ice candy recipe we have here for you. Its sweet and flavorful taste will surely balance your summer from burning to icy. This ice candy is like no other because here, the munggo is used as the prime flavor. Commonly, this ingredient was used on pastries for filling. Aside from munggo, this recipe also uses other flavoring such as evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar and then served in plastic bags. Plus, this cooler is also healthy as munggo or red beans contains nutrients essential to have a sound body. A total sweet, creamy and irresistible combination of ingredients! Surely, this will satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect dessert to pair in any meals, or have this for snack. This comforting food is also great to those home alone time, while watching television or movie. Perhaps you can share this dish to your love ones during those gatherings, celebrations or occasions with friends and family. Bring sweetness to you dining using this munggo ice candy. So try this recipe now, or add to your file of desserts and snack next to prepare during your meals. Happy cooking!
- 1 cup red beans
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- ½ can condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- ice candy plastic bags
- Cook red beans in medium heat with water until tender (this will take around 1½ hrs.). Once cooked let it cool then set it aside.
- Set aside ⅓ amount of cooked red beans.
- Place evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar, remaining ⅔ the amount of red beans with 2 cups of water from boiling in a blender. Blend until mixed together but leave some texture from the red beans
- Using a funnel, add 1 tsp of cooked red beans the pour the blended mixture in the ice candy plastic bags. Tie tightly and do with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze then serve.