Chicken is one of the all-timed favorite dish especially on the Filipino cuisine. That is why it is not a question why there are many recipes including it, different ways to cook chicken, depending on the area and common ingredients found. If you are also searching for one of it, then why not try this nikuklok na manok recipe. This may include long preparation and cooking, but it is guaranteed that its taste will make it so much worth it. In whole, the chicken is seasoned using salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red onion. You don’t have to worry about cutting hassles and those parts you might not use. Perfect for parties, celebrations, or even family and friends gathering, this dish can feed many people. Surely, your dinning will be delightful with this tender, soft and silky chicken made flavorful by herbs and other ingredients. Perfect to serve with hot cooked rice as a viand, or with beer as pulutan. Having this dish can make your simple bonding a special one. Just don’t mind the long preparation, you can cook other dish while waiting for it to set. So, try this and satisfy the craving for this mouthwatering chicken dish.
- 1 pc whole chicken
- 5 cups rock salt
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 stalk of leek, white part only
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash chicken thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl: Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper.
- Rub this all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with onions and leeks.
- Put the rock salt in a deep frying pan.
- Make sure the bed of salt is at least two inches deep.
- Place the chicken on its back, on top of the bed of salt.
- Cover pan and cook over low- medium heat for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the dipping sauce made of soy sauce and the juice of lemon.