Are you looking for fish dish but tired and bored of the same old fried recipe? Well, this recipe could end your search. Give this paksiw na isda recipe and enjoy a different way of cooking fish way out of simple frying. You can use different types of fish using this recipe. flavored by ingredients like ginger, garlic, vinegar, onion, bitter gourd, finger chili and seasoned with salt and pepper. A very savoring dish, plus, you do not have to worry about extra oil consumption especially if you are one of those who watch their diet. Cooking this way of food is commonly advised for those who wants to have a healthy meals, it is because it does not require cooking oils and other extra seasonings. The food is cooked as it is in the heat coming from boiling water. Perfect to serve with hot cooked rice as viand during lunch or dinner. A great choice to serve during get together of family and friends as well. Enjoy this dish now to give it a try. Surely, you’ll love this healthy and yet delicious dish with its savory, meaty, flavorful taste. Happy cooking!
- 2 pieces fish (about half a pound each), cleaned and scales removed
- 1 knob ginger, sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, skin removed
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small bitter gourd, chopped (optional)
- 3 pieces finger chili
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Heat a pan and cooking pot then pour-in vinegar and water.
- Add salt and whole peppercorn then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish in the pan along with the ginger, garlic, onion, bitter gourd, and finger chili. Cover and simmer in low to medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
- Note: You may substitute salt with ¾ to 1 tablespoon fish sauce.