We Filipinos are fond of sweet treats, in fact we have varieties of candies and desserts in our native cuisine. One of these is the pastillas that comes in many shapes, forms, and flavors. Fortunately, you don’t have to grab this sweet and creamy pastillas to stores, now you can make your own using this pastillas tostado recipe we have for you. Perfect for desserts to pair with any dishes, or perhaps for snacks or simply a finger food. Surely that children will love this, hence you can prepare this on kids party. Plus, it is healthy as it contains lot of milk, great for those kids who do not like having their milk on the glass. Adults may also benefit from the calcium it contains. This pastillas is made even more savory using ingredients like, fresh whole milk, full cream powdered milk, sugar, and butter. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 1 c. fresh whole milk
- 2 c. full cream powdered milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 T. butter
- extra sugar for rolling (about 1/4 c.)
- Put the 2 kinds of milk and the 1/2 c. sugar in a pan. Mix.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, while constantly stirring on low heat until thick and caramel colored.
- Mix in the butter.
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Cut into strips, then roll into 1/2″ diameter batons. Cut into 2 inch lengths then roll in sugar.
- Wrap in squares of cellophane.