If you are fond of fried rice to start your day then this recipe is perfect for you to try. this pineapple chicken fried rice recipe will surely satisfy your crave for something savory and delicious. Aside from chicken and pineapple, this recipe uses other ingredients such as sesame oil, garlic, fresh ginger, carrots, scallions, cooked white rice, soy sauce and green peas. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice, or fried rice during whatever meals. Perhaps, you can use this dish on those running out of time morning kitchen moments, especially if you have lots of spare rice from last night dinner. This recipe is very easy to follow, simply mix the ingredients then throw it to stove for frying, and there you have it. Well, just have the ingredients prepared beforehand for more convenient cooking. You can also prepare more of this recipe and stuck it on your fridge for the next time ready for frying. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup diced carrots (if frozen, run under warm water to thaw)
- 2 scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice (cold or room temp)
- ½ cup peas (if frozen, run under warm water to thaw)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubed chicken with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Let the pan heat for 2 minutes then add the chicken and cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil then add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook 1 more minute until they've softened slightly.
- Stir in the scallions, rice, peas and chopped pineapple.
- Drizzle the rice with the soy sauce then stir to combine. Season the rice with salt and pepper and serve.