Do you enjoy attending occasions? Well, if you are fan of attending this one of the Filipino occasions called ‘Fiesta’, then you should not missed afritada. This dish is commonly served on the table on celebrations like this, however, other gatherings like birthdays, weddings and even those simple friends and family bondings are enjoyed with afritada on the table. To give you a delicious try of this dish, here is pork afritada recipe. but now you don’t have to wait for fiesta celebrations just to have afritada in your plate, you can have it now by cooking your own using this recipe. This dish is made even more tastier using ingredients like carrot, potato, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, garlic, onion, bay leaves, pork broth, tomato sauce, and seasoned with salt and pepper. You can make it a more healthy dish by adding more vegetables that required on this recipe. Try this at home and have this saucy and total savory dish that is perfect to serve with newly cooked rice. Add this to your file of recipes to cook during occasions. There are varieties of afrida differs from the ingredients used, like for instance mostly of the dish is made from pork. Here we choose to use beef for more tasty outcome. Happy cooking, and eating!
- 1½ lbs. pork, chopped
- 1 big carrot, cut into wedges
- 1 big potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 1 cup beef or pork broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and sauté until the outer parts are cooked. (Approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beef broth & bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.