If you love peanut butter like you can’t help yourself but grab a peanut butter sandwich during snacks, well, lucky you because you will not going to enjoy peanut butter only on your favorite bread, but also on a dish which you can enjoy during lunch and dinner. This dish is perfect with newly cooked rice as a viand. Cook yourself now of this rainbow peanut butter stir-fry recipe. The dish includes the name rainbow with it because it is colorful as it includes different green vegetables and other color of spices and ingredients such as tofu, snow peas, carrots, bell peppers, scallions, and roasted peanuts. These really made the dish a mouthwatering! Plus, it is surely a healthy recipe considering that it includes many vegetables. Great for those who watch their diet as this dish does not contain red meat on it. Just consider the health benefits of tofu. So give this dish a try and have a taste for yourself, after that surely you would take this recipe add on your file of dishes to prepare and share with family and friends.
For the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- about 1/3 cup water
For the Peanut Butter Stir-Fry:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- cooked rice
- Stir peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sriracha, garlic and ginger together in a small bowl. Stir in water, a bit at a time, until sauce is smooth and runny, but not overly watery.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with sesame oil and place over medium heat. When oil is hot, add tofu cubes in an even layer. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until browned on multiple sides. Remove from skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add vegetable oil to wok and raise heat to high. When oil is hot, add snow peas, carrots and bell pepper. Stir-fry until the veggies are tender-crisp and have deepened a bit in color, about 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Return tofu to skillet, and add peanut sauce, scallions and peanuts. Flip few times until all ingredients are coated with sauce. Remove from heat.
- Divide rice onto plates or into bowls and top with stir-fry. Serve.