It is common on most Filipino tables to have sisig especially on those celebrations like birthdays, weddings, and special holidays. It is great to serve with rice as a viand, but mostly it is served with beer as one of the favorite pulutan of Pinoy. Well, to satisfy the craving, here is sisig matua recipe for you to try on your next occasion or even on those normal days. Perhaps you can make those usual meals extra special by having this dish. This finger licking good dish is made from pig head parts, chicken liver, eggs, also spiced by white onions, chili fingers, and seasoned by calamansi, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Who can resist a sisig especially when served sizzling? Yummy! Try this recipe and give yourself a treat with its savory meaty and flavorful dish on a sizzling plate. Garnish it chili and calamansi depending on your taste preference. Add this to your list of next to prepare recipes. Enjoy this savory dish. Happy cooking!
- 500 grams pig head parts (Face, snout, cheeks, and ear)
- 200 g chicken liver
- 1 medium-sized white onion, diced
- 3 pcs chili fingers, chopped
- 2 pcs calamansi fruits, sliced
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 pcs egg
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pig head parts in water, salt and whole black peppers until tender.
- Grill pig head parts, and liver.
- Chop the grilled pig parts and liver into about 1/4 inch sized cubes.
- In a skillet over high heat, sauté onion.
- Add and stir-fry the pig parts and liver.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add onion and chili peppers.
- Serve in a sizzling plate topped with slices of calamansi fruit.