Filipinos have a strong sense of taste that is why we have dishes in Pinoy cuisine that have a really distinguished flavor. Like for instance in Bicol region where mostly of the dishes are made spicy by chili and other spices found in our local products. Well, some people can’t satisfy their taste buds until adding spice to their meals. Great opportunity here that we have spicy battered fish recipe for you to try. The dish offers a more delectable fish by using ingredients like egg, paprika, onion, garlic, curry powder, chilli powder, ground pepper, butter and seasoned with salt. A really mouthwatering dish great for serving with newly cooked rice as a viand for lunch and dinner. Cook it now using this easy to follow recipe and add this to your file of dishes to cook during gatherings and simple get together with family and even with friends. Surely they will love visiting you as you put this palatable dish on the dining table. Or perhaps, you are just looking for comforting food to enjoy by yourself on those raining evenings. Guaranteed that this spicy dish will give your stomach a delicious warm.
- 4 Medium Fish steaks (or slices)
- 127 Grams Self raising flour
- 170 Millilitre Mlik
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Onion powder (ground – optional)
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic powder (ground – optional)
- ½ Teaspoon Curry powder (mild)
- ¼ Teaspoon Chilli powder (mild)
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (melted)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 300 Millilitre Oil (or according to the saucepan)
- In a food processor place flour, milk, butter, salt, ground garlic, ground onion, curry powder, chili powder, ground pepper, paprika and egg. blend it until well combined. Put it in to a large bowl. Note: If you are using plain flour add 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- While waiting wash the fish steak with cold running water and excess water with a gentle pat. Then dust little bit of flour on the fish steak both side to minimize any excess dampness. Now dip each side of the fish steak with prepared batter and set aside in a plate, repeat this process for all remaining fish steaks.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large sauce pan to medium level heat, when oil is hot add fish steaks in to the sauce pan and fry it for a about 3 minutes each sides. Fry until battered fish steaks get golden brown both sides.
- Serve hot with fresh salad, tomato sauce & lime wedges.