Are you looking for fish dish but tired and bored of the same old fried recipe? Well, this recipe could end your search. Give this steamed fish recipe a try and enjoy a different way to cook fish. Plus, you do not have to worry about extra oil consumption especially if you are one of those who watch their diet. Cooking food in steam is commonly advised for those who wants to have a healthy meals, it is because it does not require cooking oils and other extra seasonings. The food is cooked as it is in the heat coming from boiling water under. The fish is made flavorful with salted black beans, ginger, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, and green onions. Perfect to serve with hot cooked rice as viand during lunch or dinner. A great choice to serve during get together of family and friends as well. Enjoy this dish now to give it a try. Surely, you’ll love this healthy and yet delicious dish with its savory, meaty, flavorful taste. Happy cooking!
- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 1½ pounds whole walleye or red snapper, well cleaned
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions, for garnish
- Place the black beans in a bowl and cover with warm water for about 2 minutes.
- Stir and rinse. Drain well. Add the ginger, oil, garlic, salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix and set aside. Cleaned the fish well and pat dry. Rub the cavityand outside of the fish with the black beans mixture. Place in foil, cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Steamed the fish over boiling water for about 15 minutes until cooked (check if the fish flakes easily).
- You can also microwave it for 3 minutes on high. Rotate the dish and cook for another 2 minutes on high.
- I wanted to try out our new Imarflex turbo broiler, so I cooked it at 450F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.