Are you fond of chicken dishes and you are looking for something new to cook? Well, your search is over as we have here stir-fried chicken and okra recipe. Chicken is one of the all-timed favorite dish especially on the Filipino cuisine. That is why it is not a question why there are many recipes including it, different ways to cook chicken, depending on the area and common ingredients found. This recipe used one of the tasty part of the chicken which is the lean meat commonly found on the breast part, made even more flavorful using ingredients such as red bell pepper, green bell pepper, fresh okra, and curry powder to taste. Try it now on your kitchen and enjoy its sweet meaty taste while at home. Great to serve with newly cooked rice as viand, but also good to eat as it is. You can enjoy this comforting and delicious chicken dish even while watching television or movie. Also a good choice to share with family and friends during special moments of bonding and get together. Make your meal flavorful, meaty and sweet using this recipe. So try it now!
- ½ pound boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 pound fresh okra pods
- Curry powder, to taste
For the marinade:
- Soy sauce, as needed
- Minced ginger, as needed
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Marinated the chicken and peppers in the soy sauce, minced ginger, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the heads and tails off the okra and cut into ¼ inch rounds. Dump them in a bowl and don’t season them.
- Stir – fry the chicken until about 2/3 done, pull and save. Add oil, then the okra.
- Throw in the chicken, stir. Add the peppers.
- Toss in about a tsp of curry powder. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.