Looking for something really satisfying for appetizer? Like sweet and a little bit creamy dish that will can turn your dining table a hit? Then why not try this sweet and creamy macaroni salad recipe we have here for you? This will surely satisfy your craving for something savoring. Aside from elbow macaroni, this dish is made flavorful using spices and other ingredients like celery, bell pepper, carrots, red onions, parsley and green onions. There are varieties of macaroni salad, they differ from what ingredients are used and on what area it is made. Like for instance, the Filipino style macaroni salad uses chicken as the prime flavoring. However, here we have the sweet and creamy macaroni salad version that have fewer ingredients but enough to give the dish a flavorful delicious shot. What a mouthwatering combination! This dish will surely make your meals special once you put this on the table first. Indulge yourself to its creamy, flavorful, delectable taste. Serve it cold to savor its taste more. So try this recipe now or add this to your file of recipe next to cook on your meal. Happy cooking and eating!
- 1/2lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- handful of chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweetened condesed milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 coleman’s dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Start by boiling the macaroni in a large pot of salted water, until it’s cooked through. I like cooking it a little bit softer than I would for a hot pasta dish, because it does toughen in the fridge when chilled.
- While the pasta is cooking. Prep all your veggies and add it a bowl. I finely diced some celery,1/4 red pepper and yellow pepper, some carrots and a quarter of a large red onion.
- For the dressing, in a seperate bowl measure out the mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, apple cider vinegar, paprika, mustard powder and cayenne pepper.
- Stir everything together well until you have a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse it under cold water to stop it from cooking any further and cool it down.
- Drain the excess water and add the macaroni to the big bowl of veggies and mix it all together well.
- Pour the as much of the dressing over the top of the macaroni and veggies as you would like and mix it until everything is coated in the sweet and creamy dressing.
- Garnish the salad with some fresh chopped parsley and finely sliced green onion and chill the salad covered, for a couple hours or overnight in the fridge.