The Philippine seas are rich in many species of fish and other underwater creatures. That is why it also reflects on our Filipino cuisine. There are long list of different dishes using this sea foods and to give you a savory taste of it, we have here tortang dulong recipe for you to try cooking. Like the usual torta, it uses eggs to keep the ingredients together along with the dulong, or a variety of small fish called silver or white fish. This recipe is made even more tastier using other ingredients like bread crumps, onions, salt, black pepper, and oil to fry. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice, or fried rice during whatever meals. Perhaps, you can use this dish on those running out of time morning kitchen moments, especially if you have lots of spare rice from last night dinner. This recipe is very easy to follow, simply mix the ingredients then throw it to stove for frying, and there you have it. Well, just have the ingredients prepared beforehand for more convenient cooking. You can also prepare more of this recipe and stuck it on your fridge for the next time ready for frying. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- ¼ kilo Dulong(Silver/White fish)
- 3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 1 piece Egg
- 1 piece Onion (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Combine together all the ingredients together for the fish patty (except for cooking oil).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the batter to come together and for easy handling.
- Portion about half a cup and form into a ball. Flatten then pan fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed white rice or as a beer snack with ketchup or vinegar dipping sauce.