Who would not love those freshly made spring rolls with its fresh and delicious mixed of vegetables wrapped by spring rolls pastry wrappers? This delightful dish is made even better with this Vietnamese fried spring rolls recipe. Now you don’t have to run to your favorite spring rolls restaurant just to satisfy your crave for it, you can cook it in your lovely home by yourself. Though, don’t let the long list of ingredients fool you, it is rest assured that the outcome of it is really worthy. Have this dish during those friends bonding while having a little chit chat with beer or while having snack, or even simply a meal to enjoy. Also, have this recipe on your next family celebration, surely your love ones will enjoy it. Plus, it is healthy as it is full of different vegetables. Containing mushrooms, shallot, ground pork, shrimp, eggs and seasoned by fish sauce, salt and pepper. Relish from its finger licking delicious taste, starting from the crunchy first bit ‘till to its soft, tender and chewy fillings. Enjoy it more with the dip that is included on this recipe, however, you can still make your own preferred dip. Happy eating!
- 1 kilo vermicelli noodles, soaked and softened in hot water
- 400 grams dried wood ear mushrooms, re-hydrated in water
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pcs grated carrots
- 250 grams ground pork
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams shrimp in shell, peeled and defined
- 25 pieces 8-inch square frozen spring roll pastry wrappers, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cilantro leaves
For the dipping sauce:
- 5 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chilis, thinly sliced
For the filling:
- Saute garlic and shallots along with carrots, pork, fish sauce.
- Add sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Put the shrimp, mushroom, cilantro and noodles.
- Let it cool before wrapping.
- Place one wrapper on a work surface.
- Cut the wrapper diagonally in half to form two triangles.
- Put two tablespoons of the filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Dab the top corner with yolk, roll up wrapper into a long thin roll, tucked ends inside.
- Fry the rolls in batches until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce:
- Mix the sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Serve with the spring rolls.