One of the favorite breakfast, or pasty on every meal, is the pandesal. That is why there is no wonder that bakeries invent flavors of it that could make it more delectable. But, now you do not have to run into your favorite bakery to grab this soft, creamy and delicious pandesal. Here we have wheat malunggay pandesal recipe which is not only healthier but also tastier. Using ingredients like whole wheat, powdered milk, yeast, bread improver, malunggay, molasses, sugar, salt, shortening, and bread crumps you can now start baking. Simply follow the easy instructions we have here for you. It is healthy as it uses whole wheat instead of plain flour, plus it is flavored using malunggay that have lots of nutrients and vitamins needed to have a sound body. Perfect to serve hot during breakfast with your favorite hot drink. Also, you could eat pandesal with your favorite jam or spread. Make your morning more delightful by baking this pastry. Likewise, great to share with your love ones, family or friends. Indulge yourself to its soft, creamy, and savory taste. Have a great day ahead with this wheat malunggay pandesal. Happy baking!
- 100 g Whole Wheat Complete
- 70 g powdered milk
- 20 g instant yeast
- 5 g Bread Improver
- 100 g malunggay, blanched
- 540 ml water
- 30 g molasses
- 180 g sugar
- 12 g salt
- 70 g Shortening
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Mix together flour, powdered milk, yeast and bread improver. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine malunggay, salt and sugar in water.
- Pour water into flour mixture and mix well until properly hydrated.
- Add in shortening and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Divide dough and form into a “baston” and cut into desired sizes.
- Roll in bread crumbs and proof for one hour and then bake at a preheated oven (350F) for 20-30 minutes.