We Filipinos are fond of sweets, perhaps the region that always treat our sweet tooth, Bulacan has introduced a new way to enjoy desserts. They began making and selling this called yema to their market that comes with different size, shapes, forms, and flavors. However, every version of it is made from the main ingredient which is the milk and sugar. Now you don’t have to go to Bulacan just to have yourself a yema, fortunately you can just do it yourself on your home with this yema frosted cake. Yes, you read it right, say no more to yema candies and take it to another level as cake frosting. Surely you will enjoy preparing this recipe especially if you already love baking. Or perhaps if already have chiffon cake on hand, then this will be easy for you. Using ingredients like condensed milk, butter, all-purpose cream, lemon extract, confectioner’s sugar and del monte fiesta fruit cocktail, you can make this sweet delicious treat. A perfect dessert to pair on any food or meal, or have this for snack. Anyhow, you will enjoy this creamy, savory yema cake.
- 1 pc Chiffon Cake (store bought, 8” or 9”)
- 1 can (300 ml) Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- 1½ cups Butter (or margarine)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract (or orange extract)
- 2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 can (432g) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained and chopped)
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Sauce Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- To make the Yema Frosting: Place unopened can of condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Fill the pan with enough water to cover the can.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for about 3 hours, adding more if needed.
- Remove can from the pan. Allow to cool before opening.
- Beat the butter for about 3 minutes. Add in the cream, extract, confectioner’s sugar, and the prepared yema frosting. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Frost the cake. Top with remaining fruits.
- Makes 12 servings