Keeping our body hydrated is a vital part of our health and an essential ingredient in our well-being. It is usually recommended for us to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day as this is considered as our body’s principal chemical component. We are even made up of 60% of water in our body weight! However, some of us may have overlooked the practice of keeping our body hydrated thru drinking of water. We may have enjoyed the taste of juices, coffee, milk teas and soda, but summing up the nutrients of those drinks won’t even reach what water can bring to our body. Here are 7 of the many advantages that water can bring to our body:
- Water increases our brain power and energy. You may think that we boost our energy when we drink coffee, well, you are wrong. When we are dehydrated, we get to be moody, sensitive to pain, tends to be forgetful and slow in thinking. Keeping our body hydrated with water keeps us focused, alert, more concentrated and active on our daily activities.
- It helps in our weight management and in weight loss. Water is essential in increasing our body’s metabolic rate and helps in removing fat by-products that we get from our food intake. It is advisable to drink water before every meal as this serves an appetite suppressant and gives a feeling of more fullness, making us to eat less.
- Water relieves constipation. Most people encounter infrequent and irregular bowel movements which is not good for the body. Aside from the fact that we get bloated with this, we are unable to extract undesired toxins in our body. Drinking water regularly helps regulate our digestive system and prevents constipation. It helps in dissolving the food we intake and even flushes our body waste.
- It improves our skin health, beauty and complexion. Getting dehydrated results to dry skin, less resilience to weather and even gives a higher probability of building wrinkles. Getting enough water a day keeps our skin soft, moisturized, bright and healthy. We tend to get a more natural and fresher look in our skin if we are properly hydrated with water. This also increases our body’s protection against skin disorders.
- Water strengthens immune system. Do you find yourself prone to fever or flu easily? For sure you need more water in your body. Drinking water daily helps in keeping our body healthy by protecting our immune system. It brings oxygen into our body cells, making our body systems function properly.
- Water prevents bad breath. Aside from the food we eat, not drinking enough water creates unpleasant smell of our breath. Bad breath is one of the clear signs of dehydration. Regularly drinking water helps in washing away food particles in our mouth and undesirable oral bacteria. It keeps our mouth clean and helps in avoiding to have tooth decay.
- It helps in protecting our kidney. Our kidney is the one regulating the fluid in our body and if it fails to do that, we are in a perilous situation. Drinking enough water helps in cleansing our kidney and in preventing forming of kidney stones. It helps in naturally detoxifying our body and it helps our kidney in extracting those undesirable fluids we have taken. This also helps our body in avoiding any urinary tract infections.
We may be jolt and overwhelmed with all the kinds of drinks that the current market has to offer, and there is not wrong with it. But let us continue to have the right hydration with water for this is the main driving force our body essentially needs.
Easy Related Posts
THE BENEFITS OF CARROTS
Apart from other vegetables, carrot is one of the most beneficial root crops that most ...read more
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING BEEF MEAT
Nowadays, many people tend to get conscious and cautious of their food intake. They get ...read more