Pancit Chami Recipe
- 500 miki noodles
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- ½ cup sayote, strips
- ¼ cup carrots, strips
- ¼ cup chicharo/ sweet peas
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- ½ kilo chicken meat, strips
- ¼ kilo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ kilo chicken liver, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pcs red chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp pepper
For the Toppings:
- 10 pcs. quail eggs, boiled, peeled and halved
- Lechon kawali, deep-fried until crispy
- Scallions, chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan or wok, then sauté garlic and onion until light brown.
- Add the chicken and sauté.
- Add the chicken liver and shrimp and cook.
- Next, add soy sauce and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the sayote, carrots and chicharo; sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cabbage and sauté for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil.
- Then add the oyster sauce and sugar, stir.
- Add the chillies and cook until bubbly.
- Add the chicken broth and set the heat on high.
- Bring the broth to a boil then add the miki noodles; stir to loosen the noodles and cover.
- Simmer the noodles until the broth has almost dried out.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sautéed vegetables and meat.
- Transfer to a large serving platter, top with quail eggs, lechon kawali, chopped scallions and serve with sliced calamansi serve with pinagong bread.