Also known as Korean Style Fried Chicken Wings, BonChon-Style Chicken Wings are mainly covered in soy garlic sauce. Given an Asian twist to the American styled chili wings, what makes them unique is the use of cornstarch. Not only is it much more affordable but it gives you a different crunch from the regular wheat flour.
Take a different turn by tasting these spicy yet sweet wings. An odd combination with fried wings, but all worth it once you start licking the sauce off of your fingers and, maybe even off of your plate. Not only do the sesame seeds add another bite to your wings, but because they are double-fried, the heavenly sound from the crispiness will surely get your neighbors’ attention. Try this recipe now!
- For the double fried chicken:
- ½ kilo Bounty Fresh chicken wings
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups cornstarch
- For the soy garlic glaze:
- ¼ small onion, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pat dry chicken wings. Season then dredge chicken in cornstarch. Deep fry until cooked all the way through. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil and allow to dry.
- To make soy-garlic glaze, combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger in a saucepan. Place over low-medium heat and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. In a small bowl, place cornstarch and a tablespoon of the soy-garlic mixture. Mix to dissolve. Add to the saucepan and stir until slightly thickened.
- Flash fry chicken in hot oil. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Toss chicken wings in glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Don’t forget to share this recipe to your family and friends!
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Sprite Chicken Wings
https://youtu.be/9OrlOrkZD8o Save Print How to Cook Sprite Chicken Wings ...read more
Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe
https://youtu.be/j9tB__SL2-Y Save Print Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe ...read more