Cassava cake is a traditional Filipino dish made from grated Cassava and baked with sweet and creamy coconut and condensed milk. This soft and sweet dessert can be seen sold in streets from early afternoons, served in fiestas, or right at home for a hearty meriyenda.
Cassava cake is a dish that has been passed down from generation to generation, but the method and the taste remains the same. Satisfy your sweet cravings now with this quick and very easy Cassava Cake Recipe!
For the cake:
- 2 packs (16 oz) grated cassava
- 1 can (14oz) condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 bottle (12 oz) macapuno strings (use only 1/2 bottle, the other 1/2 for topping)
For the topping:
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1/2 can evaporated milk or 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 bottle macapuno strings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking pan and grease with butter. Set aside.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a deep bowl. Make sure every ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to the greased baking tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour-in over to the top of the baked cassava.
- Bake for another 15-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Pork Bola-Bola Soup with Misua and Patola Recipe
Save Print Pork Bola-Bola Soup with Misua and Patola Recipe ...read more