Lechon Kawali or Deep-Fried Pork Belly is probably one of the most ordered food in a Filipino restaurant and one of the most cooked dish at home. This is because of its availability and simple cooking procedure. However, it’s not that easy to come up with the perfect crunch you’d find in restaurants.
But don’t worry, with this recipe, you’ll learn how to make yummy and crispy Lechon Kawali. In fact, you don’t even have to go to a restaurant anymore to have this. You’ll be able to cook it right at home, any time you want to. Try cooking one today, and don’t forget to serve it with your favorite all-around sarsa!
Don’t forget to share this recipe to your family and friends!
- 2 lbs. pork belly
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 5 pcs. dried bay leaves
- 3 cups cooking Oil
- 34 ounces Water
- Place the water on a big cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Put-in the pork belly then add 1 tbsp of salt, pepper, and bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender
- Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down for a few minutes
- Spread 1 tbsp of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections
- We now need to deep fry the meat. On a dry cooking pot place the cooking oil and heat it up
- When the oil is hot enough, put the meat in the cooking pot and let it cook until the immersed side is brown and the meat’s texture is crispy
- Flip the meat to cook the opposite side
- Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little then slice according to desired portions
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
WATCH For more Cooking Video’shttps://goo.gl/LMmDVk
Easy Related Posts
Pork with Dried Tofu Stir-Fry
Ingredients: 8 oz dried tofu 4 oz pork 1 tablespoon black fermented soy beans 1 ...read more
Crispy Pork Sisig Recipe
Crispy Pork Sisig Recipe Pork sisig is an extremely popular Filipino dish that is usually served ...read more
Adobong Bagnet With Sugpo At Taba Ng Talangka Recipe
Save Print Adobong Bagnet With Sugpo At Taba Ng Talangka Recipe ...read more