- 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil for deep frying
- For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. five spice powder or ngohiong powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt, adjust if necessary
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Rub and press each chicken with the salt and pepper so all the pieces is evenly coated.
- Next, to make the breading, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients using a fork until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep frying pan for about 175°C.
- Coat a piece of chicken with the breading inside and out. Coat underneath the skin as well.
- Do it by pressing each chicken with the breading then shake off excess breading and fry it.
- Depending on the size of your fryer and the size of your chicken, you can put 4 to 5 pieces per batch.
- Just don’t overcrowd the fryer to avoid the fried chicken to become soggy and loose it’s crispiness.
- Cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in medium fire.
- Put the chicken in a paper towel or a rack to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite gravy. Enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Pastimallows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AliZBwj7Vn0 How to Make Pastimallows Ingredients 1 1/4 cup powdered milk 1/3 cup condensed milk 15 pcs ...read more
How to Make Cheese Pastillas
https://youtu.be/tqwINqEnEUo Ingredients: 1 cup powdered milk1/2 cup condensed milk2 tbsp grated cheese1 tbsp white sugarpowdered sugar, for ...read more
How to Make Ensaladang Talong
https://youtu.be/JRxZvQBysHA How to Make Ensaladang Talong Ingredients 3 pcs eggplant 2 pcs medium tomatoes, chopped 3 cloves ...read more
How to Make Fruity Leche Gulaman Dessert
https://youtu.be/ESVOwOYcXGQ How to Make Fruity Leche Gulaman Dessert Ingredients 1 can fruit cocktail (482g) 1 sachet jelly ...read more