- For the leche flan layer:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (for the caramel)
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- calamansi peels
- For the ube layer:
- 3/4 cup ube halaya
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- Make the caramel:
- Let the brown sugar caramelize in a cake pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan to distribute evenly. Set aside.
- Make the leche flan layer:
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Put some calamansi peels to the egg yolks in order to remove the stench from them.
- Add the white sugar, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Mix well then set aside.
- Make the ube layer:
- In another mixing bowl, put the eggs then beat.
- Add the white sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Add the ube halaya then mix well. We recommend to use electric hand mixer for this step.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well then set aside.
- Combining the mixtures:
- Pour the leche flan mixture to the cake pan with caramel. Don’t forget to filter out the calamansi peels by using a strainer.
- Pour the ube mixture over the leche flan mixture. Distribute the mixture evenly by using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover the cake pan with aluminum foil. Put in the steamer.
- Steam for 50 minutes or test if a toothpick will come out clean of the ube layer.
- Remove the cake pan from the steamer. Put the serving dish on top of it then flip upside down so that if you remove the cake pan the caramel will be on top.
- Get a slice then serve. Enjoy your leche ube steamed cake!
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Cheese Pastillas
https://youtu.be/tqwINqEnEUo Ingredients: 1 cup powdered milk1/2 cup condensed milk2 tbsp grated cheese1 tbsp white sugarpowdered sugar, for ...read more
How to Make No Bake Oreo Dessert
https://youtu.be/oZWFsSdgT1c How to Make No Bake Oreo Dessert Ingredients 2 packs (250ml) all-purpose cream 6 tbsp condensed ...read more
How to Make Choco Jelly
https://youtu.be/yKUHJN-al80 How to Make Choco Jelly Ingredients 1 tsp gelatin powder (clear) 3 tbsp sugar 1/4 cup ...read more
How to Make Milo Polvoron
https://youtu.be/QM1xoYfkpr0 How to Make Milo Polvoron Ingredients ½ cup all-purpose flour ¼ cup Milo powder ¼ cup ...read more