- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil, for deep frying
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- Combine karioka ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Once it forms a dough, shape it into small balls, then set them aside.
- Heat enough oil in a wok for deep-frying. Once oil is hot, drop shaped dough into the wok, one by one.
- Deep fry until golden brown in color.
- Remove the balls, set aside, and let it drain on a wire rack.
- Place all glaze ingredients in a saucepan then mix well, cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Drop karioka balls in the glaze to coat them. Once all coated, place them in skewers then serve while hot.
Easy Related Posts