La Paz Batchoy is named after the La Paz market in Iloilo City where this dish started. Batchoy is a noodle soup mixed with different pork organs, crushed pork cracklings, chicken stock, beef loin and round noodles. This dish is loved by Filipinos everywhere especially in the cold weather where you just want to curl up in your bed and slurp noodles.
But what makes this recipe unique is that it has shrimp to add that extra flavor to this dish. The broth also uses Worcestershire sauce and shrimp paste which gives you the heavenly and homey taste. And the additional of the mami noodles adds a different chewiness to this dish. Try this recipe now!
- 1 kilo mami noodles
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- ½ head garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 1 tbsp. peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 c. beef/pork stock
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 250 g. pork
- 150 g. pork liver
- 150 g. shrimps
- 1 pc. chicken breast
- chicharon, crushed
- chopped garlic,fried
- chopped spring onion
- In a large pot, pour in 10-12 c. of stock (from boiled beef and pork bones) and add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and blanch shrimp until cooked.
- Remove shrimp from the pot, remove shell and head each shrimp, set aside.
- Add in pork, chicken and liver in the pot, let simmer for 25 minutes or until pork, chicken and liver are tender add more stock if necessary.
- Remove pork, chicken and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
- Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
- Slice the pork, chicken and liver into thin strips and set aside.
- Place noodles in serving bowl and pour strained boiling stock over the noodles. Top with pork, chicken, liver, shrimp.
- Garnish with chicharon, spring onion and fried garlic.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
Bakery Style Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup peanut butter 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 ...read more