Filipinos have all loved Max’s because for their well-known fried chicken but running for a close second is Max’s Sizzling Tofu. Marking this as a must have dish in Max’s is not an ordinary sizzling plate with cubed tofus on top of it, but the special mayonnaise sauce that is drizzled on top.
Giving it a spicy yet sweet finish is the sliced finger chili, along with the delicious sauce that drips down from the tip of your spoon. But we all know how tiring it is to drive to the nearest Max’s restaurant just to taste this ‘blessing on a sizzling plate.’ Try and make your own by trying out this recipe!
- 500-grams Chinese Tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 finger chilies, sliced
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Cut up the Chinese tofu into cubes and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, parsley, and pepper. Mix well, and add water until desired thickness is achieved. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Heat the mayo mixture in low heat while stirring for two minutes, then add the bell pepper and continue stirring for one more minute.
- Take your heated sizzling plate and add a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until cooked, add in the tofu and mayo dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sliced finger chili and more onions.
Please share with family and friends!
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Ensaladang Talong
https://youtu.be/JRxZvQBysHA Save Print How to Make Ensaladang Talong ...read more