- 1 pound mixed fresh white and exotic mushrooms such as cremini, oyster, or shiitake (discard shiitake stems)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Slice mushrooms. In a 10-inch heavy non-stick skillet cook garlic in butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until pale golden. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add mushrooms and soy sauce and sauté mixture over moderately high heat, stirring, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add wine and vinegar and boil until liquid is evaporated. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet with sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and season gravy with salt and pepper. Gravy may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. When reheating gravy, add water if necessary to thin to desired consistency.
- Serve gravy spooned over baked or mashed potatoes and/or steak or chicken.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Choco Jelly Samalamig
https://youtu.be/LaIPcNkz49Y How to Make Choco Jelly Samalamig Ingredients For the choco jelly: 1 tsp gelatin powder (clear) ...read more
Seafood Fried-Rice Recipe
Seafood Fried-Rice Recipe Ingredients 8 ounces small uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined 1/4 teaspoon salt (or ...read more
Puto Kamoteng Kahoy
Puto Kamoteng Kahoy Ingredients 4 cups grated cassava 5 tablespoons sugar 1 tablespoon Brown sugar or ...read more
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup Recipe
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup Recipe Ingredients 1 head of garlic 1¾ pounds (about 3-4 medium potatoes), ...read more